A 21-month-old baby drowned in a water tub at her relative's house in Sharjah.
The baby girl was rushed to Al Dhaid Hospital but died before she could be taken to the emergency room.
"The baby was with her family on a visit to their relative's house. Her older sister was playing in the tub filled with water and asked the baby girl to join her," reported Khaleej Times.
The toddler who fell on her face into the tub, died of suffocation after swallowing a large quantity of water.
The medical team tried to revive the girl but she was already dead, said Dr Samer Said Sulaiman, head of the emergency room in Al Dhaid Hospital.