Functioning under the aegis of the famed Delhi Public School (DPS) Society, the New Millennium School-DPS is affiliated to the Indian-run Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and managed by eminent educational professionals.
The school stands proud with more than 14 years of excellence in the field of education.
Since its inception in April 2004, it has made steady progress, with the school strength growing from 200 in April 2004 to approximately 2,330 in April this year.
Built on the principles of excellence, the school promotes critical thinking among its students to attain excellence.
The vision, mission and culture of ‘Love and Give’ make the school’s students responsible global citizens.
The school constantly strives to prepare students to lead a productive and successful life and face life challenges effortlessly.
NMS–DPS is the only CBSE school on the island to be adjudged ‘Good’ in the Quality Assurance Agency inspection of 2015 to 16, receiving the ‘Silver Seal’ from the Education and Training Quality Authority.
Following are some of the highlights:
- Strong commitment to the school’s vision and mission
- Respect for all cultures and traditions
- Outstanding students and placement of alumni in prominent universities all over the world
- Supportive parents
- Outstanding results – scholastic and co-scholastic – Gulf top rankers in Commerce and Humanities, island toppers in Science, perfect SAT scores (2400/2400), excellent Joint Entrance Examination results and cluster champions in many events
- Loving and supportive teachers
- Strong academic focus
- Fully aware and proactive to acquire 21st century skills
- Positive learning environment
- Dynamic and visionary leadership
- Strong and supportive management
- Highest pass rate and proficiency rates in all the grades – highest school average and subject average among all CBSE schools in the kingdom
- Regular self-evaluation through Swot analysis and its follow-up, thus competing with itself
- Use of various learning tools to ensure effective learning both inside and outside the lessons taught
- Risk assessment and maintenance checks on a regular basis
- A wide spectrum of activities ensuring holistic development of the students
- Professional, resourceful and dynamic staff attending regular enrichment programmes
- State-of-the-art school campus and facilities
- 24x7 work culture and staff always working with a smile
- Always open to suggestions and feedback
- Host for inter-school debates, quizzes and model United Nations
- Up to 90 per cent scholarship scheme for Grade 11 and 12 students;
- Initiatives such as Grub Fest, charity drive book sale, charity to old age homes and orphanages, clean school green school, Radio NMS, tree plantation drive, reading challenge ‘Readathon’, etc.
- Self-scripted assemblies by students comprising poems, songs, prayer, pledge, thoughts and skits.
Under the dynamic leadership of chairman Padma Shri Dr Ravi Pillai, managing director Geetha Pillai and principal Arun Kuumar Sharma, and with the continuous efforts of parents, staff and students, the school will surely reach glorious heights in the near future.