GULF WEEKLY: The Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention and Spa will be featuring a variety of activities and events over Christmas.
• Festive pastries made by Executive Pastry Chef Daniel Lajoux are available at Café Delices.
• Order a traditional turkey from the hotel’s takeaway menu. Pre-orders required by December 20. For details, call 17746425.
• Children can enjoy a Junior Edition Day decorating gingerbread houses and cupcakes with Chef Daniel on December 11. Priced at BD18net per person with a max of 10 participants.
• Learn the secrets of Christmas cake making with a Festive Cooking Class on December 19 with Chef Daniel with a buffet lunch at Al Waha Restaurant. BD18net per person with a max of 10 participants.
• Enjoy a Christmas Eve Dinner with Chef Tala Bashmi on December 24 at Fusions by Tala, from 7pm to 11pm. The festive tasting menu is BD32+++ per person; the menu with grape pairing is BD55+++ per person. There is a special price for Prestige Club members of BD30++ per person for the festive tasting menu and BD52+++ with grape pairing.
• The Christmas Eve Lobby Dinner on December 24, from 7pm to 11pm, will include roasted turkey and other holiday favourites, priced at BD32net per person inclusive of select beverages and BD25net with soft beverages. Prestige Club members pay BD30net per person inclusive of select beverages and BD23net with soft beverages. Entry is free for children under the age of five and 50 pc off for children aged six to 12. There is an a la carte Brunch with Chef Tala at Fusions by Tala inclusive of free flowing cocktails and live music, at BD45net per person and BD43net for Prestige Club members.
• The Grand Christmas Brunch, from 12.30pm to 4pm, will be held at the Gulf Convention Centre on December 25 with a live band, visit from Santa Claus with gifts and activities for children. BD35net per person, inclusive of free flowing beverages, BD30net for Prestige Club members and inclusive of free flowing beverages. Free entry for children aged five and under, and 50pc off on entry for children aged six to 12.
• There is a Boxing Day Roast lunch on December 26 from 12.30pm to 4pm at Sherlock Homes Bar & Restaurant by Chef Alex. BD28net per person inclusive of free flowing beverages and BD25net for Prestige Club members.
• There will be New Year’s Eve Gastronomy Experiences featuring five-course tasting menus by Chef Vineet Bhatia and Chef Tala. BD26++ per person at Rasoi by Vineet and BD24++ for Prestige Club Members. BD26++ per person at Margarita Mexicana and BD24++ for Prestige Club members. The NYE tasting menu at Fusions by Tala is BD32++ per person and BD55++ for the NYE tasting menu with grape pairing. Prestige Club members pay BD30++, and BD52++ with grape pairing.
• There is a private balcony dinner on December 31 with tables set for two overlooking the gardens and koi ponds at the Royal Thai restaurant. Priced at BD65++ per couple for a set menu and one bottle of bubbly.
• Sato Restaurant is featuring a Private Tatami Dinner on December 31 with a traditional Omakase six-course Japanese style-tasting menu designed by Chef Kevin. It’s BD75++ per couple for one bottle of bubbly. Only three tables are available.
• The New Year’s Eve Latin Party will be held at Al Waha Restaurant & Lobby on December 31 from 7.30pm to 1am. There will be entertainment and food from Chef Carlo Cirone and his team with live stations and carvings. It’s BD40net per person and BD38net for Prestige Club members, inclusive of free flowing beverages. Free entry for children aged five and under, and 50pc off for children aged six to 12.
• Typhoon and Sherlock Homes Bar & Restaurant also feature a New Year’s Eve Party on December 31 from 9pm onwards. Entry is BD5net per person. Dine at any of the hotel’s restaurants and gain free entry to the party.
• Al Waha Restaurant is featuring a New Year’s Day Recovery Brunch on January 1 from 12.30pm to 4pm, priced BD32net per person, inclusive of select beverages and BD25net, inclusive of soft beverages. BD30net inclusive of select beverages for Prestige Club members and BD23net with soft beverages.
Visit www.gulfhotelbahrain.com or call 17713000 for details.