Medics in Saudi saved the life of a a seven-month-old baby after she swallowed a 5.5-cm needle by performing emergency treatment.
The infant, who came from the US along with her family to perform Umrah, was in critical condition when she had arrived at the Maternity and Children's Hospital in Makkah.
The 5.5-cm needle had already punctured her intestine and created a hole, Arab News reported.
The medical team at the hospital was able to remove the needle non-surgically, despite the difficulties posed by the baby’s age and the size of the needle.
The infant left the hospital in good health.