A US woman opened her front door and got bit by a snake just above the eye.
The reptile had wrapped itself around an ornament hanging on her front door and struck Mara Jo Thomas when she opened the door to her Kentucky home.
The woman posted about her experience on Facebook saying that her daughter noticed the snake first and alerted her about it.
“Kenley was outside and saw it and started screaming bloody murder, so of course, I open the door and boom – it got me!”, read the Facebook post.
Thomas went to the hospital for the bite but was informed that the snake was non-venomous and did not pose a threat.
“Thankfully it wasn’t venomous and it didn’t get my actual eye!”, said the relieved mother of three.