Sabrina Carpenter's concert that was supposed to take place on Monday, in Portland, Oregon was cancelled due to a 'credible threat'.
Carpenter's performance at the Keller Auditorium was cancelled just minutes before she was set to take the stage after an anonymous person called in a bomb threat targeting the Crystal Ballroom -- a different Portland venue, but one where Carpenter was originally slated to perform that night.
The promoter of the show, AEG Presents, justified the cancellation to Rolling Stone magazine saying that the performance was halted "out of an abundance of caution."
Formerly, Carpenter had chosen to change the location to accommodate a larger audience.
"Although the threat was not directed at the Keller Auditorium specifically, Sabrina and event organisers agreed that out of an abundance of caution, the show be called off... Steps were taken to ensure that the audience exited the venue calmly, quickly, and safely," AEG Presents said.
Lieutenant Nathan Sheppard of the Portland Police Bureau said in a statement, "Employees with the Crystal Ballroom called after they received a phone call from an anonymous person claiming they were going to blow up the venue."
As per fans in attendance, Carpenter had already done a mic check for VIP attendees, as well as her opening act, Spill Tab, had finished their performance.
Following the cancellation, Carpenter tweeted to announce the news and apologise to her fans.
Her tweet said, "Portland, I can't tell you how much this breaks my heart, this is the last thing I wanted to do but due to unforeseen circumstances we will not be able to perform tonight.
Please take care of yourselves and return home safely! I am so sorry. I love you very much."