Israel has killed more than 10,000 children and babies in Gaza since October 7, with hundreds still under the rubble, the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor has announced.
Many countries and international organisations condemned the US wielding its veto at the Security Council on Friday night against a draft resolution demanding “an immediate ceasefire for humanitarian reasons” in the Gaza Strip. Many described the use of the veto right as complicity with Israel in its crimes.
While the health ministry in Gaza has announced a death tally of 17,700 Palestinians, including 7,870 children and 6,121 women, the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor said in a statement posted on its website that the number of Palestinian martyrs in the intensified Israeli air and artillery onslaught on the blockaded enclave had exceeded 23,012, including 9,077 children and babies.
The observatory added that with hundreds of children still under the rubble and the diminishing chances to save them, the number of children killed in the Israeli offensive is likely to exceed 10,000. It added that an estimated number of 700,000 children had been killed, injured and left homeless since the wake of the assault. It also noted that 1,840 million in Gaza have been displaced and are sheltering in inappropriate and overcrowded centres.
The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor called anew on the international community to act immediately to stop Israel from turning the Gaza Strip into the biggest children cemetery ever in modern history. It urged it to provide protection for them and end the blatant duplicity in standards.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said that Shuhada Al Aqsa Hospital had received 71 martyrs and 160 wounded people over the past 24 hours due to the Israeli pounding of the Central Province of the Gaza Strip.