China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East (CSCEC) and Acciona took home multiple awards at the inaugural The Big 5 Construction Impact Awards announced yesterday.
dmg events, organisers of the awards, announced the winners of 15 categories during a glittering awards ceremony held at the Dubai World Trade Centre. The awards are part of The Big 5 construction show, that is currently underway in Dubai. Now in its 42nd edition, The Big 5 is free to attend and continues at the Dubai World Trade Centre until September 15. Online access is available at www.thebig5.com for visitors unable to travel.
The awards, a platform to recognise sustainable development, technological, and digital achievements in the construction industry, were judged by an independent panel of experts and thought leaders from the industry. They assessed hundreds of submissions and highlighted the winners who have shown innovation and project excellence through their success stories.
Other winners included HAS Engineering, The Arab Contractors Company, Aecom, Turner & Townsend, OBMI, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM), Expomobilia, Dubai Municipality, Dubai Authorities, Emaar, B3G Engineering Services FZ-LLC, and Alpin Limited.
Koen Meert, Group Director Structural Design, Emaar received the award on behalf of Dubai Municipality, Dubai Authorities and Emaar and said: “It’s a great recognition to receive this award at The Big 5, the biggest organisation in terms of construction.”
The Sustainable Initiative of the Year Award was given for revised structural design guidelines for the Emirates, which seeks to drive down the consumption of material having a massive impact on sustainability.
“Sustainability is such an important topic. We are therefore happy to be able to achieve this with the authorities as a joint effort for Dubai and the construction industry in general. The guideline submitted is now applicable for the whole industry, and every new building constructed in 2021 and later will be following it,” added Meert.
Yu Tao, President & CEO of CSCEC, said: “Over the years The Big 5 keeps improving, it’s the first year for the award and it’s not an easy award. We have gone through six months with submission and verification and have won against very fierce competition – The Big 5 is keeping a very high quality with this award.”
Categories and winners
• Best Use of Technology of the Year: HAS Engineering
• Community of the Future: The Arab Contractors Company
• Digital Transformation of the Year: Aecom
• Digital Twin Project of the Year: China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East
• Digitalisation Project of the Year: China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East
• Innovative Construction Organisation of the Year: Acciona
• Off-site Project of the Year: China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East
• Partnership of the Year: Turner & Townsend
• Sustainability Champion of the Year: OBMI
• Sustainability Leader of the Year: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
• Sustainable Construction Organisation of the Year: Acciona
• Sustainable Construction Project of the Year: Expomobilia
• Sustainable Initiative of the Year: Dubai Municipality, Dubai Authorities, Emaar
• Technology Leader of the Year: B3G Engineering Services FZ-LLC
• Workforce of the Future Initiative: Alpin Limited
- TradeArabia News Service