Abu Dhabi: UAE President Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, has declared 2019 as the 'Year of Tolerance', highlighting the UAE as a global capital for tolerance, according to WAM.
He stressed legislative and policy-oriented goals to enhance the role of the country in instilling the values of co-existence and peace in local, regional and international communities.
The president said that the Year of Tolerance is an extension of the Year of Zayed, as it upholds the values of tolerance and co-existence that the late Shaikh Zayed bin Sultan established among the people of the UAE.
The Year of Tolerance will focus on five main pillars:
- To deepen the values of tolerance and co-existence among cultures and peoples by concentrating on teaching the youth the values of tolerance.
- To bolster the UAE's standing as the global capital for tolerance, via a series of initiatives and projects specialised in tolerance and dialogue between various cultures and civilisations.
- Enacting multiple cultural programmes and contributions to build tolerant communities.
- Focus on legislative and policy-oriented objectives that contribute mandating cultural and religious tolerance, via dialogue.
- Focus on promoting tolerance and co-existence via targeted media initiatives and projects.