Readers Policy: Letters/ Bloggs / Contributions to the Editor
- A letter should be a rational dialogue about an issue or idea.
- It should at all times conform to the code of civil discourse.
- The maximum word count is 100.
- The letters section has no political inclination. All views are published.
- Readers are free to either agree or disagree with any of the opinions, stories or news reports published in the site.
- The letters should be exclusive to Gdnonline.com and preferably in response to an article that appeared on the site in the recent past.
- To ensure that the letters are honest opinions, we may get in touch with a reader once they are selected, for which we need their contact numbers and e-mail address.
- Reader privacy will be protected at all times.
- Letters/ Bloggs/ Contributions are subject to editing, to give as many readers as possible a chance to express their views.
- The site reserves the right to publish, edit and limit the number of reader writers. This is to allow for the space to be used by as many readers as possible.
- Writers are required to source their information accurately; it is not the responsibility of the site. The publication of a letter is not an endorsement of that viewpoint by the.
- Unless stated otherwise, all letters sent to email@example.com will be considered for publication. As many letters as possible are used.
- Preference is given to letters that are in response to a report/news that was published in Gulf News.
- Preference is given to submissions by subscription members of the gdnonline.com.
- We do not publish open letters or third-party letters/blogs/contributions. But, if the need arises, the Editor-in-Chief could allow it after clearance.
- We are not responsible for the loss or return of unsolicited pieces.
- All Letters/ Bloggs/ Contributions need a full name city and country. Name can be withheld by request.
- No defamatory comments will be entertained - a statement that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation. This opens up the site to libel. Avoid contempt of court - any comment that risks prejudicing ongoing or forthcoming court proceedings. This includes naming a person or speculating about their whereabouts after a court has issued an injunction against doing so.
- Responses that incite people to commit any crime, including racial hatred will not be accepted.
- Plagiarised content will not be accepted.
- Responses that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive will not be allowed.
- A reader is not allowed to impersonate another person or use a false name or a name you are unauthorised to use to create a false identity or email address or try to mislead others as to the identity or origins of any communications.
- No personal information in the responses will be published including address, place of employment, name of institution, telephone number and email address.
- No advertising of services or websites will be accepted.
- Only submissions in English will be taken.
- Impersonating other people is unacceptable.
- Offensive or otherwise, responses with non-specific user names will not be published.
- We receive hundreds of Letters/ Bloggs/ Contributions every day. So many readers’ submissions might not get published. We apologise for this.
Reader's Policy: Matter of Fact
Gdnonline.com is committed to being fair. If there is an error in the site we will correct it promptly and fully.
If you come across any factual errors, mistakes or inaccuracies, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will publish corrections as quickly as possible, be it factual errors, mistakes or inaccuracies
- Our policy is to be correct and if we are wrong, to publish a correction the next day.
- Clarifications will also be published if important details that impacted the presentation of the story were omitted, despite the overall story being accurate.
- Corrections will be published in the same section as the original story appeared
Reader's Policy: Copyright
1. When you submit any contribution (including any text, photographs or graphics) to the site owned by North Star Technologies WLL under licence from North Star Holdings Limited (hereinafter referred to as the "Owner") you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant the Owners a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to the Owners the rights set out above, you must not submit your contribution.
2. Further to paragraph 1, by submitting your contribution, you warrant that your contribution; is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Owners for all the purposes specified above; is not defamatory; will not cause harm; and does not infringe any law; and indemnify the Owners against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Owners as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication and the purposes specified above. Any material submitted, is assumed to have been supplied in full knowledge and acceptance of these terms.
gdnonline.com photographs’ submission policy
All submissions must be of original authorship, unless otherwise intended. All submissions have to provide the following information in a clear and detailed manner: Name of the original author, contact number, email address, where, when and how the photograph was taken.
- Plagiarised submissions will result in stringent legal action against the person submitting the content. They will be named and shamed in print and banned from any further submissions to the organisation.
- In case of photographs that involve members of public, the person submitting the photograph, who would be the original author, needs to have obtained clear permission to include them in the photograph’s composition.
- We reserve the right to reject submissions at any stage.
- Unsolicited submissions are subject to all of the above-mentioned conditions.
- When selecting submissions for publishing or display on any of our digital platforms, preference will be given to Gdnonline.com subscribers.
- Endangering the environment, animals or a person in the process of taking a photograph is unacceptable.
- Technically manipulated work using photo editing software will not be accepted, unless otherwise specified.
- All submissions can be used on multiple digital and print platforms of the organisation.