Riyadh: Doctors saved the life of a child who swallowed an earring in the Saudi city of Unaiza.
The two-year-old girl swallowed the gold ornament, which was left, within her reach, causing her serious breathing problems.
Doctors at the King Saud Hospital in Unaiza screened the child and discovered the golden earring stuck in her throat.
They performed an urgent endoscopy and removed the object from her throat within 15 minutes.
The girl was discharged and said to be in good health a day after undergoing the successful operation without complications, according to Sabq.