Oman has announced tougher measures to combat the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), effective today, starting 12pm.
The decision came after the Sultanate's Supreme Committee in charge of handling developments of Covid-19 held its third meeting, the Oman Observer reported.
The new measures are:
1. Restricting entry to the Sultanate from all land, sea and air entry points only to Omanis, and stopping Omanis from leaving the Sultanate.
2. Closure of all mosques, except to raise the call to prayer.
3. Closure all non-Muslim places of worship.
4. Suspending all gatherings, events and conferences in the Sultanate.
5. Closure of all tourist sites, and prevent gatherings in public places, including beaches and picnic areas such as valleys, mountains, sand, waterfalls
6. Closure of all shops in malls, with the exception of food and consumer stores, clinics, pharmacies and eyeglasses stores.
7. Closure of traditional souqs and popular souqs such as Wednesday Souq, Thursday Souq, and Friday Souq.
8. Prohibition of foodservice in restaurants and cafes, including those in hotels, except for external requests.
9. Closure of sports and cultural clubs.
10. Closure of gyms and health clubs, and men’s and women’s barber and beauty shops.