London: Queen Elizabeth will reportedly self-quarantine at Windsor Castle as a precautionary measure during the escalating coronavirus pandemic in the UK and the world.
“A sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, a number of changes are being made to the Queen’s diary," the royal family tweeted.
"Audiences due to take place this week at Buckingham Palace will go ahead as planned. These include receiving the prime minister, the commanding officer of HMS Queen Elizabeth and the Bishop of Hereford," it read.
"Future audiences will be reviewed on an ongoing basis in line with the appropriate advice.”
The queen will leave for Easter holiday on March 19 — one week earlier than planned, with no return date determine.
Additionally, the annual Maundy Service at St George’s Chapel on April 9 will not go ahead as planned, the statement continued, listing more events that will not take place due to the changes in her schedule including three garden parties hosted by the Queen, due to be held at Buckingham Palace in May, which will now not take place.
"Guests already invited to these Garden Parties will be asked to attend in 2021," it said.
"Two additional Garden Parties given for the Not Forgotten Association and the National Trust will also not take place. Investitures will be rearranged to later dates.”
Just last week, the Queen noticeably refrained from shaking hands at Buckingham Palace. She was also pictured wearing gloves at the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey, something that is said to be uncommon at investiture ceremonies.