Established in the year 2004, the New Millennium School – DPS (NMS-DPS) is part of the reputed chain of schools called Delhi Public School (DPS) Society, which has over 250 schools across the world.
In Bahrain, NMS-DPS functions under the banner of RP Group and is led by chairman Padmashree Dr Ravi Pillai and managing director Geetha Pillai.
The school stands proud with more than 15 years of excellence in the field of education.
Since its inception in April 2004, the school has made steady progress in the field of education and is committed to provide quality education to students with value-based Bahraini and Indian cultures.
The school management, along with principal Arun Kuumar Sharma, have continually shown their relentless support to students and staff, by providing the best teaching tools in a hygienic and safe environment along with research facilities that have instilled optimism and flexible learning pathways.
Smart classes conducted through flip and blended learning that feature interactive activities, online assignments, individual projects and enriched learning resources from kindergarten to grade 12, through the digital platform and the school’s portal, have been successful in engaging enthusiasm and meeting every child’s learning needs.
Key highlights of the school’s achievements are:
1. NMS-DPS is the only CBSE school in the Kingdom that has been adjudged ‘GOOD’ by the Education and Training Quality Authority (BQA).
2. All classes, from KG to grade 12, have been running online since April.
3. The school has an excellent track record of 100 per cent in CBSE Board results, Gulf toppers, island toppers and international bench mark tests like ACER, SAT, ASSET, PIRLS, TIMSS, JEE, NTSE and Olympiads.
4. NMS-DPS incorporates a number of student initiatives including self-scripted class assemblies, commerce kitchen, charity drives, charity book sales, campaigns on ‘environmental sensitivity, safety and healthy lifestyle’, school garden maintenance, DEAR Time, CURA (An initiative for recycling paper), Earth hour, e-magazine, Model United Nations, Technozone, Radio NMS and writing GDBD (Good Deed Bank Deposit) in the Almanac daily.
5. Future plans by the management include the implication of learning outcome-based worksheets, STEAM Lab, Artificial Intelligence Club, ensuring 21st Century skills in every child, reaching 100 per cent Flip Learning, Readers Club, Interschool Hindi Competition, revision and doubt classes, self-written student thoughts to be printed in the Almanac and Grandparents’ Day.
With the collaborative efforts of the principal, management, parents, staff and students, NMS-DPS is bound to reach many milestones in the future.
– Promotional content