Established in the year 2004, the New Millennium School – DPS (NMS-DPS) is part of the reputed chain of schools called Delhi Public School (DPS) Society, which has over 250 schools across the world.
In Bahrain, NMS-DPS functions under the banner of RP Group and is led by chairman Padmashree Dr Ravi Pillai and managing director Geetha Pillai.
The school stands proud with more than 16 years of excellence in the field of education.
Since its inception in April 2004, the school has made steady progress in the field of education and is committed to providing quality education to students with value-based Bahraini and Indian cultures.
Key highlights of the school’s achievements are:
1. NMS-DPS is the only CBSE school in the kingdom that has been adjudged ‘GOOD’ by the Education and Training Quality Authority (BQA).
2. All classes, from KG to grade 12 have been running online since April.
3. The school has an excellent track record of 100 per cent in CBSE Board results, Gulf toppers, island toppers and international benchmark tests like ACER, SAT, ASSET, PIRLS, TIMSS, JEE, NTSE and Olympiads.
4. NMS-DPS incorporates a number of student initiatives including self-scripted class assemblies, commerce kitchen, charity drives, charity book sales, campaigns on ‘environmental sensitivity, safety and healthy lifestyle’, school garden maintenance, DEAR Time, CURA (an initiative for recycling paper), Earth Hour, e-magazine, Model United Nations, Technozone, Radio NMS and writing GDBD (Good Deed Bank Deposit) in the Almanac daily.
5. Future plans by the management include the implication of learning outcome-based worksheets, STEAM Lab, Artificial Intelligence Club, ensuring 21st Century skills in every child, reaching 100 per cent Flip Learning, Readers Club, Interschool Hindi Competition, revision and doubt classes, self-written student thoughts to be printed in the Almanac and Grandparents’ Day.
Each day at NMS-DPS dawns with multifarious prospects for students to discover, take lead, make decisions and promote positive contributions.
Exhibits display marvellous creations in various fields, including literature, science, sports, arts and robotics - through imagination, exploration, reading, listening, questioning, learning and sheer enthusiasm. Learning is experiential and a love for learning is encouraged to enable lifelong learning in a fast-changing world.
Featuring a complete Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, the school’s mobile application ‘DPS Bahrain’, enables parents, teachers and students to interact in an effective manner. With the collaborative efforts of the principal, management, parents, staff and students, NMS-DPS is bound to reach many milestones in the future.