Seven customers had to have their stomachs pumped after a restaurant in eastern China served them liquid detergent instead of fruit juice, local media reported.
The incident, which took place on January 16 in the Zhejiang province, was caused by a waitress who had bad eyesight, the South China Morning Post (SCMP) reported.
One of the affected customers, Sister Wukong, had claimed in a video that she was dining along with her family and friends when a waiter brought out a bottle that was mistaken for fruit juice.
Upon tasting the "juice", they noticed that it had a weird flavour, the video, which has since been deleted, said.
All seven then had to undergo gastric suction to clear their systems.
A police officer from the Xucun Police Station said all seven people were now in stable condition, adding that they would seek compensation from the restaurant later.
It was found that the waitress, who normally does not work for the restaurant and was just helping out for the day, had made the error due to her inexperience and eye problems.