If you’re one of those people wanting to go electric for your mobility needs but not wanting to compromise on style, luxury, comfort and safety, Al Haddad Motors has just the thing for you!
Presenting the Mercedes-Benz EQB 350 – Bahrain’s first all-electric SUV that’s available to buy now.
The GDN team took the car through its paces and found it a stylish and luxurious SUV that offers impressive performance and advanced features for a comfortable and safe drive.
Here’re the key features:
1. Powertrain: The EQB 350 comes with a powerful electric motor that delivers 288 horsepower and a peak torque of 520nm.
2. Range: With its 66.5 kWh battery, the car can travel up to 426km on a single charge.
3. Design: The EQB 350 has a sleek and stylish exterior design with a bold front grille, sporty LED headlights, and aerodynamic lines.
4. Interior: The cabin of the SUV is spacious and comfortable, with seating for up to seven passengers. The interior is accentuated with high-quality materials and finishes, including Artico leather upholstery and open-pore wood trims. The dashboard is dominated by a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which displays a range of features, including navigation, audio, and connectivity options.
Simply beautiful and relaxing, the ambient lighting featuring 64 different colours brings a whole new level of driving experience.
Also available is an optional panoramic roof.
5. Safety: The EQB 350 comes with a range of advanced safety features, including adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking, and blind spot monitoring.
6. Performance: The car has a top speed of 180kmph and can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in just 6.2 seconds, making it one of the fastest electric SUVs in its class.
The car has a 4-wheel drive system (4matic) which distributes torque variably and in return gives more traction on the road and off-road.
The vehicle also has a fast-charging capability, which means that you can charge the battery up to 80 per cent in just 30 minutes.
The man behind the wheel was GDN Media marketing and sales manager Jalal Jaffar – who is now a convert to the EV brigade.
He says what won him over was the smooth and quiet ride, the adrenaline-rush that you get as you step on the gas and the car zooms – much faster than a fuel-driven vehicle – and the range of advanced features.
“I never thought an electric car would be so much fun to drive, while looking sleek and modern and feeling secure and reliable,” he added.
“Its spacious interior and flexible seating options make it ideal for families or those who need ample cargo space, while its fast-charging capability and long-range make it a practical choice for everyday use.”
According to Imran Ali, the Marketing Manager at Al Haddad Motors, the authorised general distributor of Mercedes-Benz, the EQB is a top choice for those who are environmentally conscious and value luxury.
“In addition to its impressive performance and technology features, the EQB also prioritises sustainability. The vehicle is made from recycled materials and is carbon neutral, making it an eco-friendly choice for those who want to reduce their carbon footprint,” Mr Ali said.
When asked about juicing up the car, he said the dealership has four fast charging stations – two at the main showroom, and two at the service centre – which are free to use.
“We are aware that the EWA has their own charging stations, and there are a few wall boxes in some hotels, shopping malls and office towers.”
All buyers of the EQB 350 get a free wall box charger which can be installed in homes or offices.
Allaying concerns about battery leaks in case of a collision or fire, Mr Ali pointed out that all Mercedes-Benz EVs come with a complete hard-shell casing on the battery, ensuring that there is no risk of leakage due to heat or fire.
The verdict: Available at prices starting from BD29,700, the EQB 350 is a solid car from a pedigree marque and a worthy addition to Mercedes-Benz’s growing line-up of electric vehicles.
Also available for immediate purchase at Al Haddad is the EQS – a fully electric luxury sedan and the EV equivalent of the S-Class, and the 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV which is similar to the large three-row GLS SUV.
Upcoming EQ models include the EQA crossover, the EQE sedan, EQV – a luxury electric people mover, and the EQG – a mid-size four-wheel drive luxury SUV.