Celebrate National Day and the coming festive season in style with an array of activities at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay.
• Bahrain’s National Day will be marked from December 16 to 18, from noon to 9pm, with a host of experiences, including complimentary gahwa and halwa served in the lobby and special Bahraini-themed desserts at Bay View. It costs BD6 for a halwa tray and BD4.500 for Bahraini macaroons.
• The Bay View at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay features a Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea, starting tomorrow (December 9) to January 8, from noon to 9pm. Enjoy festive specialties such as yule logs, mince pies, Christmas Mont Blanc, finger sandwiches and festive pastries with a selection of teas or warm mulled apple juice made by Executive Pastry Chef Imad. It is BD27 net per couple and BD32net inclusive of a glass of warm mulled apple juice.
• Experience a Christmas Brunch at CUT by Wolfgang Puck on December 24, from noon to 3.30pm, featuring traditional Christmas cuisine accompanied by music and fun, priced BD34net inclusive of soft beverages and BD48net with an extended beverage package.
• Enjoy a range of festive menus with seasonal classics at Bahrain Bay Kitchen’s Christmas Brunch on December 25, from 1pm to 4pm. Savour a traditional roast turkey with all the trimmings, international delights, festive desserts and more complemented by live music and a special visit from Santa Claus. It is BD49net inclusive of soft beverages and BD60net with an extended beverage package. It is also complimentary for children under the age of five, with a 50 per cent discount for children aged six to 12.
• Ring in the New Year on December 31, from 8pm to 2am, at Bahrain Bay Kitchen with live Jazz music and entertainment, an international feast made by Executive Chef Leonardo Di Clemente including live cooking stations from various corners of the world. It’s BD55 inclusive of soft beverages and BD65net with an extended beverage package until midnight. Dining is 50 per cent off for children aged six to 12.
• Mark New Year’s Eve at Re/Asian Cuisine, from 7pm onwards, with an à la carte menu including Cantonese duck, along with live entertainment, starting from BD40net minimum spend per person.
• Dine in style on December 31, from 7pm onwards, at CUT by Wolfgang Puck with a an à la carte menu including Italian Beluga Caviar and Chestnut Agnolotti, from BD40net minimum spend per person.
• Enjoy a black and gold-themed New Year’s Eve party at the Pool Deck with sumptuous food, entertainment, a DJ and saxophone tunes from 9pm to 2am, with tables starting from BD300 – advance reservations are essential.
• For those that don’t feel like cooking, Executive Chef Leonardo and his team will prepare a holiday feast for you and it will be delivered straight to your home too. Home deliveries will be available on December 24 and only pick-up service from Bay View is offered on Christmas Day. It’s BD90net for six people for a roast turkey with all trimmings, BD170net for six persons for a full festive feast. There is complimentary delivery service for orders more than BD40.
For more details, visit fourseasons.com/bahrain or contact 17115500.
The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain has transformed its resort into a magical Christmas-themed wonderland boasting a series of seasonal events and activities to bring joy to all.
• The Secret Garden-themed Winter Chalet is open from Tuesdays to Saturdays until January 15, 4 pm to 10 pm, featuring a traditional Alpine cottage atmosphere complete with fireplace. The Christmas pop-up restaurant includes roasted chestnuts, Raclette, schnitzel and a generous helping of fondue, alongside a good selection of festive beverages – all led and curated by Chef de Cuisine Alexis Knecht and banquet director Pervaiz Iqbal.
• Enjoy Festive Afternoon Tea, daily until December 31 from 3pm to 7pm, at the five-star hotel’s signature Lobby Lounge and Ritz Gourmet Lounge with a special selection of teas, festive treats and glasses of bubbly. It’s BD27 per person or BD30 per person with bubbly.
• There is Gingerbread House Masterclass at the Ritz Kids Club with Executive Pastry Chef Jonathon Challenor for children on December 20 and 27, from 2pm to 4pm. It’s BD22 per child.
• Enjoy Festive Dining on December 24 and 25 at Plums with a four-course set menu at BD42 per person, at Primavera with a five-course set menu at BD48 per person, at Cantina Kahlo with a four-course set menu at BD28 per person and at Nirvana with a four-course set menu at BD28 per person.
• Celebrate December 25 with a garden-themed Christmas Brunch curated by the hotel’s culinary team at the Croquet Lawn from noon to 4pm. The brunch will feature a spread of live stations inspired by Christmas traditions around the world. There will be seafood, prime rib corner and a selection of desserts. There will be entertainment, festive activities, a special visit from Santa Claus, priced BD49 per person inclusive of select beverages, BD40 per person inclusive of soft beverages and BD25 per child.
• Experience New Year’s Eve Dining on December 31 from 7pm to 11pm at Cantina Khalo with a set menu and two beverages at BD40 per person, at Plums with a five-course set menu at BD49 per person, at Primavera with a five-course set menu at BD50 per person and at Nirvana with a four course menu at BD39 per person. There will be entertainment as well.
• The New Year’s Eve Countdown takes place at La Plage and Thai on December 31 from 8pm to 1am with live cooking stations and two beverages at BD60 per person. Bahrain DJ and founder of Playlist Entertainment, DJ Mysterioo Arif, will help you ring in the New Year and he will be complemented by Nathalie and The Refiners band.
• Stay the night and have New Year’s Day Breakfast in Bed on January 1 from 9pm to 1pm with a luxe breakfast-for-two with a bottle of select beverage at BD79 per couple. It’s BD99 per couple for a luxe breakfast-for-two with a bottle of premium select beverage.
• Enjoy a New Year’s Day Brunch at La Med on January 1 from 12.30pm to 4pm, priced BD49 per person inclusive of select beverages, BD39 per person inclusive of soft beverages and BD20 per child.
• Experience a Feast of the Three Kings: Galette de Rois at The Ritz Gourmet Lounge from January 1 to 15, priced BD16.
• Enjoy an Orthodox Christmas Dinner at Plums on January 6, from 7pm to midnight at BD39 per person.
• A Christmas feast to-go is available from La Gourmandise and The Ritz Gourmet Lounge. Celebrate at home and enjoy a selection of desserts, yule logs, Stollen, Panettone, a Turkey feast to-go and festive hampers including minced pies, specialty cookies, chocolates and more. It’s BD120 for roasted turkey for up to eight persons and BD135 for US prime rib for up to eight persons.
For details, contact 17586499, or visit ritzcarlton.com/Bahrain, or follow the hotel on Facebook and Instagram @ritzcarltonbahrain and join the conversation using #RCMemories.
• The Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention & Spa is staging ‘A Beatles Tribute’ concert tomorrow (December 9), from 9.30pm, and a brunch on Friday (December 10), from 12.30pm to 4pm, at Sherlock Homes Bar & Restaurant. Diners will enjoy the musical stylings of the HELP! Beatles tribute band that has performed more than 500 concerts across Europe. Tickets are priced at BD10 and BD27 for an early-bird brunch. For details, email [email protected] or call 17713000.
The Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention & Spa will also be featuring a variety of activities and events over Christmas.
• Festive pastries made by Executive Pastry Chef Daniel Lajoux are available at Café Delices from December 15.
• Order a traditional turkey from the hotel’s takeaway menu. There is a minimum order of 6kg turkey with pre-orders required by December 20. For details, call 17746425.
• Little ones can enjoy a Junior Edition Day decorating gingerbread houses and cupcakes with Chef Daniel on December 11. There will be festive goodie bags for children. It’s BD18net per person with a maximum of 10 participants. All participants will receive certificates.
• Learn the secrets of Christmas cake making with a Festive Cooking Class on December 19 with Chef Daniel with a buffet lunch at Al Waha Restaurant. It’s BD18net per person with a maximum of 10 participants. All participants will receive certificates.
• There is a Christmas Eve Dinner with Chef Tala Bashmi on December 24 at Fusions by Tala, from 7pm to 11pm. The festive tasting menu is BD32 plus taxes per person; the festive tasting menu with grape pairing is BD55 plus taxes per person. There is a special price for Prestige Club members of BD30 plus taxes per person for the festive tasting menu and BD52 plus taxes per person for the festive tasting menu with grape pairing.
• The Christmas Eve Lobby Dinner on December 24, from 7pm to 11pm, will include roasted turkey and other roasts along with holiday favourites, priced BD32net per person inclusive of select beverages and BD25net per person with soft beverages. Prestige Club members pay BD30net per person inclusive of select beverages and BD23net per person with soft beverages. It’s free entry for children under the age of five and it’s 50 per cent off on entry for children aged six to 12. There is an A ‘la Carte Brunch with Chef Tala at Fusions by Tala inclusive of free flowing cocktails and live music, at BD45net per person and BD43net per person for Prestige Club members.
• The Grand Christmas Brunch, from 12.30pm to 4pm, will be held at the Gulf Convention Centre on December 25 full of holiday cheer with a live band, a visit from Santa Claus with gifts and activities for children. It’s BD35net per person, inclusive of free flowing beverages, BD30net per person for Prestige Club members and inclusive of free flowing beverages. It’s free entry for children under the age of five and it’s 50 per cent off on entry for children aged six to 12.
• There is a Boxing Day Roast lunch on December 26 from 12.30pm to 4pm at Sherlock Homes Bar & Restaurant by Chef Alex. Diners can enjoy premier league Boxing Day action and watch as Liverpool takes on Leeds and Manchester City play Leicester City. It’s BD28net per person inclusive of free flowing beverages and BD25net per person for Prestige Club members and inclusive of free flowing beverages.
• There will be New Year’s Eve Gastronomy Experiences featuring five-course tasting menus by Chef Vineet Bhatia and Chef Tala. It’s priced BD26 plus taxes per person at Rasoi by Vineet and BD24 plus taxes per person for Prestige Club Members. It’s BD26 plus taxes per person at Margarita Mexicana and BD24 plus taxes per person for Prestige Club members. The NYE tasting menu at Fusions by Tala is BD32 plus taxes per person and BD55 plus taxes per person for the NYE tasting menu with grape pairing. Prestige Club members pay BD30 plus taxes per person for the festive tasting menu at Fusions by Tala and BD52 plus taxes per person for the festive tasting menu with grape pairing. Access to join the NYE countdown will be at Fusions Lounge.
• There is a Private Balcony Dinner on December 31 with tables set for two overlooking the tropical gardens and koi ponds at the Royal Thai Restaurant. The candlelit dinner is priced BD65 plus taxes per couple, inclusive of a set menu and one bottle of bubbly. Access to join Lobby countdown at midnight.
• Sato Restaurant is featuring a Private Tatami Dinner on December 31 with a traditional Omakase six-course Japanese style-tasting menu designed by Chef Kevin. It’s BD75 plus taxes per couple, inclusive of one bottle of bubbly and only three tables are available. Access to join Lobby countdown at midnight.
• The New Year’s Eve Latin Party will be held at Al Waha Restaurant & Lobby on December 31 from 7.30pm to 1am. There will be entertainment from a trio ban and food from Chef Carlo Cirone and his team with live stations and carvings. It’s BD40net per person, inclusive of free flowing beverages and it’s BD38net per person for Prestige Club members, inclusive of free flowing beverages. It’s free entry for children under the age of five and it’s 50 per cent off on entry for children aged six to 12.
• Typhoon and Sherlock Homes Bar & Restaurant also feature a New Year’s Eve Party on December 31 from 9pm onwards featuring an in-house DJ and QBA Band. Entry is BD5net per person. Dine at any of the hotel’s restaurants and gain free entry to the party.
• Al Waha Restaurant is featuring a New Year’s Day Recovery Brunch on January 1 from 12.30pm to 4pm, priced BD32net per person, inclusive of select beverages and BD25net per person, inclusive of soft beverages. It’s BD30net per person inclusive of select beverages for Prestige Club members and BD23net per person inclusive of soft beverages.
Advance booking is recommended for all events, with limited seats available. For details, visit www.gulfhotelbahrain.com or call 17713000.
The first edition of The International Bahrain Fashion Weekend, featuring couture gowns carefully curated for the Middle East, will be held staged at The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain on December 11 and 12 and brought to fashion lovers by Stella Polare Boutique Events.
‘The Grand Gala Night’ on December 11 will feature an evening with celebrities such as singers Karl Wine and Banah, and international VIP guests such as Rebeca Riofrio, the UK director for the Parliament Society for Arts, Fashion & Sports. The reception will open with a stunning fashion show followed by a lavish dinner with international entertainment.
On December 12 there will be a ‘Meet the Masters’, where for a couple of hours, members of the media, fashion advocates and bloggers, students and VIP guests will have the opportunity to meet some of the top fashion designers.
Each designer has also created a ‘masterpiece’ commemorating the kingdom’s 50th anniversary. They will share their inspiration and process with guests as well.
The luxurious weekend will feature the multi-award winner designer Malan Breton as the headliner, followed by designer of the stars, Micaela Oliveira, and a special shawls collection by actress Kiera Chaplin, in collaboration with JANAVI.
Email [email protected] for more details.
THE 32nd edition of Autumn Fair will take place at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre in Sanabis from December 13 until December 21.
Held across 16,600sqm, it will feature more than 600 stalls from 18 countries and is being held under the patronage of the Industry, Commerce and Tourism Ministry.
The Autumn Fair will include an outdoor area for food trucks, a live show area with a DJ and a farmers’ market selling locally grown produce in collaboration with the Bahrain Agricultural Co-operative Society. There will also be traditional music and entertainment to commemorate National Day on December 16 and 17.
Children can play virtual reality and arcade games in the game zone, and can take photographs with the fair’s mascot ‘Dabdoub the bear.’ Shoppers are required to register online in compliance with Covid-19 guidelines and will receive a digital badge, which is valid throughout the event and entry is free.
Visit www.theautumnfair.com, to register.
* Email [email protected] in order to be featured.