Doctors in the Indian state of Rajasthan removed 56 stainless steel razor blades from a 25-year-old man's stomach.
Yashpal Singh, an accountant in the Jalore region was rushed to the hospital after he started vomiting blood.
After conducting X-rays, ultrasounds, and an endoscopy doctors were horrified to find 56 razor blades in the man's stomach.
Dr Narsi Ram Devasi and a team of five other doctors performed an emergency laparotomy lasting over 3 hours to remove all the blades from his abdomen.
According to reports, Singh swallowed the blades after breaking them in two, along with its paper packaging. The paper packaging dissolved in the stomach, causing the blades to pass through his organs which caused severe internal bleeding.
Singh has not given any reason for swallowing the blades.
He is now recovering and will be given counselling once he heals completely, according to his doctors.